Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Haddie's Haven: Whatcha readin', Haddie? | Just some random books.


So, my TBR on Goodreads (which can be viewed in the left sidebar, or in this post. Because I will share it here too.) is too full for me to keep track of reading this book there, so I am sharing it here. If I own a book in paperback, when I am not trying to read on my laptop I will be reading the physical books. That is how it is right now. Until I get a new e-reader (which will be soon). This can count as a series of short reviews, but I need to finish reading these books before actually reviewing them. DISCLAIMER: The majority of the books I am about to mention were given to me in a giveaway.

I picked up Matt (A Malloys of Montana Novel) by R.C. Ryan (I own a signed copy!)

The first few pages had me in "almost" gentle tears. I tried to tell my sister about the scene and she said "everything makes you cry". That may be true, but (spoiler alert) what if your parents had gotten into a car crash? I know this happens to a lot of people, but it has not happened to me and my family, so we are really lucky. That's what had me almost crying. I felt the characters' heartbreak. (While I am writing this post, my mom came and picked up my book, since it was next to me, and started reading the back. She's not big on romance. Especially western-ish, because those are usually . . . you know. *WINKS*)

Next is Talon by Julie Kagawa.
This is the first book in Talon Saga and it has been out for a few years. I didn't hear about it until it landed in my hands through a giveaway. (Talk about a blind date with a book.) I am about midway through and forcing myself to stop reading because I only have the first book! I am actually thinking about contacting the publisher to possibly get a copy of the next book(s) for review. Because it is so good!
Another book I finished in the last couple of weeks is Forbidden Fling by Skye Jordan. http://amzn.to/2cI1IGI
This is also the first book in a series, but I do not know if it is a stand-alone or not. But the book ends on what feels like a cliffhanger. The story is not over yet.

I recently bought a copy of Monica Murphy's Never Let You Go (Never, Book 2) http://amzn.to/2cSB5sV
I cried. This book follows such sensitive subjects and the author depicts them beautifully.

Yeah, so this is a late night post. I would mention several other books, but that would mean I would name all of the physical books on my dinky shelf. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment