After his crush rejects him, seventeen-year-old Colton catches a plane to Mexico, hoping to forget all about girls. But a night out at a dance club crowded with long legs in miniskirts doesn't help, especially when he meets the club's beautiful DJ, Alex.
“Packed with unexpected twists and South-of-the-Border danger, Summerlypse grabbed my attention from the first enticing page. With a quirky writing style that offers both depth and entertainment, Summerlypse is an original, diverse story that will delight anyone looking for a unique spin on teen relationships.” –Anna L. Davis, Author of Open Source(Enhancement Series)
"SUMMERLYPSE by Gerardo Delgadillo is a great young adult story about two unlikely friends who team up hoping to win a summer DJ contest in Mexico. This book has a well-defined cast of complex characters with a thoughtful focus on the hearing-impaired. An entertaining read!" ~ K.S. Jones, award-winning author of Shadow of the Hawk
"SUMMERLYPSE is a great read. The characters are real and well crafted, and the story kept me interested to the end. I liked it. I recommend it." -- Rickard B DeMille, author of Tweet Revenge, Hellfire, Defending Daniel
DISCLAIMER: I received an e-ARC of this book in exchange for honest review, for this blog tour.
Gerardo Delgadillo lives in the Dallas metropolitan area with his wife and children and dogs and cats and the occasional rabbit. Originally from San Francisco and raised in Mexico, he loves to write about contemporary teens in distress in English and Español. So no magic, dragons, or unicorns.
Gerardo's fun facts:
- At the tender age of sixteen, when giant lizards ruled the world, Gerardo was a DJ--turntables and all.
- Cloud computing is his area of expertise--just don't ask him what cloud computing means.
- He loves football, the one played with the feet by footballers, La Liga from Spain being the best.
About his novels:
- His writing must be emotional, or else…
- He believes in the Oxford comma, but the Oxford comma doesn't believe in him.
- Loves first person present tense POV.