Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Haddie's Haven Blog: Netflix's KATE | Movie Review

Hello, Haven Invaders! Well, I watched it, um... Let's just get to it.


Netflix's KATE

Definitely "John Wick, but a chick" and there isn't really an ensemble. Closely compares to AVA with Jessica Chastain.

Age Rating: R, violence, profanity, and all-around not appropriate for anyone beneath adulthood.

Brief Summary: Slipped a fatal poison on her final job, a ruthless Tokyo assassin has less than 24 hours to find out who ordered the hit and exact revenge.

I expected good things from this movie. My expectations were high. By the end of it all, I felt let down. Don't get me wrong, the writing was good. The casting choice was top-notch. But it just didn't give me the satisfaction of "I just watched an epic movie."

It was violent. More so than GUNPOWDER MILKSHAKE; that one had blood and gore, more than this one. And yet the violence of this movie just felt... ugh. The chemistry between Kate and Ani was there; Ani should be protected. 6.3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment