Tuesday, October 25, 2022

HADDIE'S HAVEN: MY REVIEW OF SARAH SUTTON'S "DREAMING ABOUT THE BOY NEXT DOOR


Hello, Haven Invaders! I actually meant to get this post up sooner, but it's been a heck of a week for me. This month, I had the chance to read an ARC that I almost thought I wouldn't get to read. Been then I got an awesome email letting me know that I'd been chosen and there it was!
As usual, please refer to the disclaimer on the sidebar of my blog regarding ARCs and the books I review. In today's case, I've already mentioned it being an ARC. Additionally, I tend to keep my reviews short and sweet. The blurb for the book will be in this post, along with links to the Amazon page. I am an Amazon Affiliate, so I do make a small commission when people purchase through my links but this does not affect the customer or the author. Enjoy!


Dreaming About the Boy Next Door 
(Most Likely To Series, Book 2)
by Sarah Sutton

Is being voted Most Likely To: Never Have Their First Kiss by the popular crowd at school the end of the world? Probably not, but I’m still not convinced.
Does it mean that I have to find someone to kiss to ditch myself of the label? No, but I do it anyway.
Is choosing my best friend’s twin brother as my first kiss the best choice? Ha, not in the slightest. But when he walks into his kitchen after midnight shirtless, inspiration strikes.
Even though it’s a bad, bad idea.
Because what is supposed to be a quick, three-second peck of awkwardness turns into however many seconds of pure bliss. I’m talking the kind of kiss in a rom-com that totally would’ve made me blush. The kind that makes your toes curl.
For my first kiss ever, Reed Manning isn’t holding back.
But now he makes it crystal clear: the kiss that was life-changing to me means nothing to him. He’s already got his next girl lined up on his own list of Brentwood High’s most eligible, and it’s not his little sister’s best friend.
Except that kiss totally messed with my brain chemistry, and I find myself thinking about Reed in ways I never have before. In ways my best friend would hate me for.
Even when I shouldn’t, I find myself dreaming about the boy next door.


Dreaming About the Boy Next DoorDreaming About the Boy Next Door by Sarah Sutton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh, this was exactly what I needed ♥ I've been having a rough patch and reading this book completely lifted my mood. Probably because Ava is going through a lot of not-so-good-things and she finds her way to making things work. As a reader who prefers the sweeter side of romance, this was perfect for me. And its boy-next-door, raising the mark. Ava and Reed were so good!

I have not yet read TTTP, but since this book is (technically) standalone, there isn't very much to miss; I do know that the plots are interconnected and I will definitely be checking out the other book(s). There were some intriguing moments that took me by surprise and it just made me want to know more!

I'm looking forward to more in this series and the other characters. Sarah Sutton has an amazing approach in her writing and I definitely recommend!

Disclaimer: I had the privilege of reading an advance copy of this book, provided by the author. This review is voluntary and my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment