Saturday, January 8, 2022

Haddie's Haven: Rise of the Guardians | First Time Watching This Movie

Hello, Haven Invaders! This is going to shock many of you, but before this year (2022) I had never watched the DreamWorks film, Rise of the Guardians. I know, you're thinking: "What the actual heck!?" Here's the deal, I was raised without much exposure to certain films, books, and types of music until I was about 17-18 years old.

There are so many movies and books that I have not yet added to my ever-growing database (AKA my brain), but I have slowly, but surely, been marking off the list as my days go by.

Date I watched this movie: January 1st, 2022
It is my understanding that this movie is based on a series, one I am definitely adding to my future reading. Many people will generally say it is better to read a book before seeing the film version. Needless to say, I do not always have this luxury so I take what I can get.

The movie is so wholesome. I laughed (mainly giggled, according to my mother's witness) and cried multiple times while watching. And this is coming from a Christian-raised woman in her late 20s (holy-moly, I cannot believe how long it has been) who doesn't believe in magic or luck. Additionally, I also appreciate the way each magical being is very different from the tales many of us are familiar with. I mean, really.

As someone who enjoys watching the How To Train Your Dragon movie trilogy and the Netflix tv series (like a lot), it is possible this movie took my top slot.

Overall, my experience with this movie was extremely positive and I give it a 10/10. ... I should probably come up with a movie rating system if I am going to be sharing more movie-related posts.

Thank you so much for joining. If you have seen this movie (because I am pretty certain 90% of the world has seen it and I am Patrick Starfish haha), what did you think about it?

Stay safe, stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment