Thursday, February 23, 2023

HADDIE'S HAVEN: 2023 TBR LIST | BOOKS I HOPE TO READ THIS YEAR

Hello, Haven Invaders! Today, I want to share my To-Be-Read List for 2023. I know, I know. I'm a full two months late in sharing this post, but I have good reason. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I went on hiatus in mid-December 2022. I am really glad I made that decision because December continued to be a whirlwind of stress and anxiety. My family moved on December 31st, and we spent the new year in a new house. It was a miracle, but that is a subject for a different day.

I have not been able to keep up with a reading challenge in a few years. My reading has, mostly, consisted of reviewing for a promotional blog-tour. I did try, last year, to read 5 books per month. But that did not work out because 2022 was a total roller coaster. I did read 7-10 books, a few of them were personal pleasure, the others were review for promotional related- though I did not share all of them to the blog. Those were sent directly to Goodreads and Amazon. Anyway, enough chit-chat. Let’s get to my TBR for 2023!

Disclaimer, before we dive into books: I’m not sharing book descriptions, it is just going to crowd the post. Additionally, if I do link any of the books, I am an Amazon affiliate and when I share a book (and/or product), I do receive a small commission when the item is purchased through my links. This does not change the price of the item, and it does not take away the profit from the author. Thank you for your attention.

The first book is on my list is not the first book I’m reading this year. That book was a roll-over from December 2022 because it was a Sarah M. Cradit new release (The Claw and the Crowned). I was late in marking it complete, but with everything going on I actually didn’t finish it until very recently. So it does toward the small Goodreads 2023 Reading Challenge goal I made for myself. 


The actual first book I want to read this year is PRINCE OF SONG AND SEA by Lindsey Miller. I had this book sitting on my Amazon wish-list for a long time. Probably since May of 2022, or before that (maybe?) and I was waiting for it to become available as it was on pre-order for a long time. And then I waited for the hardcover to go on sale, which it did at the start of January. I usually try to get the eBook, just because it is usually cheaper than getting a physical copy and paying for expensive shipping. Especially since shipping costs to Puerto Rico are the worst.
Anyway, I snagged a copy and it was sitting at the place where I receive my mail, for a little over three weeks. It could not be helped, my family’s car was in use a lot.

I filmed a TikTok of me unboxing this book (a delayed Christmas haul). If you are interested in seeing that, make sure to follow my TikTok @theestherhadassah - my bookish account. All things writing and reading are posted there.

The next book on my list is actually a re-read of a book I reviewed 0n this blog during my first year of book-blogging. It’s definitely for the sake of nostalgia. That book is PAINTING SKY by Rita Branches. I have not read this book in a few years, but I do own the eBook. I just want to revisit the romance. Also, I don’t think Rita Branches has published anything new in a few years. Which is a small bummer, I really like her writing.

Side note: Rita Branches did release a book after Painting Sky called Under A Million Stars, and I did read that one when it came out. But other than this, I don't know of anything new.

3) Next on the TBR is actually going to be a 3-fold because by the time I am ready to read this book, the next sequel will be releasing. And that is Elise Kova’s A Trial of Sorcerers. I did not intend to wait so long to start this new series in the Air Awakens world, but I have learned I like binging series in one go. Which is why I will buy the eBook and then wait for the series to be complete. When I read the main Air Awakens series, I did have to wait for the final book to release, but I had already binged through the first 4 books.
I am not sure if the A Trial of Sorcerers series is finished after the third book, but I really want to get a jump on the series now.

4) So, this is a book that has been on my overall TBR list for a very long time. And yes, I think I spoke about it in a TikTok back at the start of 2022. Yes, I know… I speak of Sarah J. Maas’ A Court of Thorns and Roses. I own the book in two formats and I just haven’t taken the time to open it.

5) The Flip Side series by Ashley Amber. I count this as one book because they are short novelettes with only about 7500 words each. I thought this series was finished, but I just learned there will be a third book and I am excited for it! The author added me to the ARC list, even more exciting!

6) Next is a book that won’t be out until May, but it is a high priority reading for me. And that book is Angry Gods by Christina Bauer. As you very well know, I love Bauer’s Angelbound series and there are so many new books coming to the world. I won’t say why this book is a high priority, but I will share that in a later post.

7) This next one is another re-read, and it’s bundled together because I own an eBook box set. The Elementals series by Michelle Madow is a series I read/reviewed a long time back. I believe read the first 3 (maybe the fourth one too) at the start of my second year of blogging. I don’t remember if I ever shared my experience reading the final book, I know I did read it.

8) I don’t read too many classic literature, and that’s only because most give a lot of description per scene. But I hope to read an unabridged version of Alexandre Dumas’ The Black Tulip. I have read a shortened edition, and its one of my favorites. Why read an unabridged version? It’s quite simple: I want to, and because I have a really cool blog post I am going to make about it. More on that soon!

9) I don’t own this book yet, but it will be available later in the year, and its another Elise Kova book from her Married to Magic series: A Duet with the Siren Duke. It’s another mermaid-inspired fantasy and I know I am going to really enjoy it. 


10) Teaching the Teacher’s Pet (Most Likely To series, Book 1) by Sarah Sutton. Last year, I read the second book in this series, so this year I want to catch up in this series. I know the third book is releasing this year, and there is going to be a fourth book, as well. I’m only “planning” to read one book in this series for right now.

11) This book is actually written by the same author, and I did start it last summer, but I got distracted and didn’t pick it back up. Two Kinds of Us by Sarah Sutton falls under two of my favorite genres; ya romance, musician/rockstar.

12) And last but certainly not least, one of my favorite rockstar romance author, Athena Wright, is (hopefully) releasing the next book in her Until We Break series this year . At least, the newsletter she sent out recently gives me that impression because she only reveals her new book covers when she is getting ready to release it to the world. I am really excited about this. The cover is not yet revealed, but I think the title is: HARD ROCK FLIRT.

This list is not in any sort of order, I plan to pick up books when I feel like it. As mentioned before, my life is a little more settled now, and I want to get my reading habits back up. Maybe I won’t read all of these books, but I hope I read at least some of them. And because some of these books are not yet released, I might not get to those. It’s fine. I have learned to accept my time is valuable and I spend it doing so much offline.

Thank you so much for joining me. I hope you found my list interesting. Are any of these books on your TBR (whether it be for this year or infinity)? Have you read any of the books mentioned? If you have, share in the comments! 

By the time this post is live, I hope to have started reading already. I will be updating my progress on Instagram and TikTok. Make sure you are following me on both if you would like to keep up with me. Stay safe, and stay awesome. See you in the funny papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment