Author: Gail Z. Martin
Narrator: Amanda Ronconi
Length: 19 hours 58 minutes
Series: Deadly Curiosities Collection, Book 1
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Released: Dec. 4, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy
A collection of nine adventures: "Buttons", "The Restless Dead", "Retribution", "Coffin Box", "Wicked Dreams", "Collector", "Bad Memories", "Shadow Garden", and "Spook House." Cassidy Kincaide runs Trifles & Folly in modern-day Charleston, an antiques and curios shop with a dangerous secret. Cassidy can read the history of objects by touching them and along with her business partners Teag, who has Weaver magic, and Sorren, a 600-year-old vampire, they get rid of cursed objects and keep Charleston and the world safe from supernatural threats. An extension of the Deadly Curiosities book series.
Gail Z. Martin writes urban fantasy, epic fantasy and steampunk for Solaris Books, Orbit Books, Falstaff Books, SOL Publishing and Darkwind Press. Urban fantasy series include Deadly Curiosities and the Night Vigil (Sons of Darkness). Epic fantasy series include Darkhurst, the Chronicles Of The Necromancer, the Fallen Kings Cycle, the Ascendant Kingdoms Saga, and the Assassins of Landria. Together with Larry N. Martin, she is the co-author of Iron & Blood, Storm & Fury (both Steampunk/alternate history), and the Spells Salt and Steel comedic horror series. Newest titles include Tangled Web, Vengeance, The Dark Road, and Assassin’s Honor. As Morgan Brice, she writes urban fantasy MM paranormal romance, with her Witchbane and Badlands series.
Amanda is an actress and narrator who divides her time between New York City and Upstate New York. She has a BFA from NYU where she studied at the Stella Adler Conservatory. She has performed in theaters around New York City and regionally at The Alley, Capital Rep and many productions at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey. Her Off-Broadway solo comedy, Shirley at the Tropicana, received critical acclaim and was subsequently featured in The New York Times. Film and TV credits include Daydream Believer (Slamdance 2001’s Best Dramatic Feature winner), The Understudy, Deadly Sins (ID Discovery), IFC’s Get Hit and Chasing Paradise. National network and regional commercials include Chase Bank, Sony and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Her voiceover work encompasses over 100 audiobooks available on Audible.com. She is a proud member of SAG-AFTRA and Actors’ Equity.
Top 10 Reasons to Read These Books
- Charleston, SC is one of the most haunted cities in the US, so there are ghosts everywhere!
- Ghosts need somewhere to go, so there are lots of haunted houses, churches, restaurants and bars!
- Pirates! Charleston was a hive of scum and villainy back in the day, so plenty of scandalous tales to tell.
- Lots of magic. Witches, cursed objects, and dangerous spells.
- Spooky supernatural stuff. Main character Cassidy Kincaide can read the history of objects by touching them. Her job is to get haunted and cursed objects out of the wrong hands and save the world from supernatural threats.
- Monsters and things that go bump in the night. Charleston is chock full of vampires, shifters, zombies, gnomes and restless spirits.
- Voodoo, Hoodoo and old Norse magic are real, and they’re used for good and bad, so watch your step!
- Charleston itself becomes almost a character in the books, because the stories couldn’t happen the same way anywhere else.
- There’s plenty of action, adventure, and spooky suspense, plus a cast of supporting characters who quickly feel like old friends.
- Who doesn’t love a good ghost or monster story? Trifles and Folly 1&2 have it all!
Giveaway: 3-month Audible Subscription
Mar. 26th: Lone Tree Reviews
Mar. 27th: The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Mar. 28th: Dab of Darkness Book Reviews
Mar. 30th: Notes from 'Round the Bend
Apr. 1st: Haddie's Haven
Apr. 2nd: Lone Tree Reviews
Apr. 3rd: The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Apr. 4th: Dab of Darkness Book Reviews
Apr. 7th: Turning Another Page
Apr. 8th: Haddie's Haven
➜Sign up as a host here