Thursday, March 2, 2017

#HaddiesHaven: Something To SWOON About | PARTE UNO | #YAlit #Romance #Sports @AuthorNatDecker @SwoonRomance


Hey Haven Invaders! I've got a great series for you to check out. A million hugs and special thanks to Natalie Decker for sending me the entire series I am about to share with you. The first book lifted my spirits when I was having a bad day (Feb 27th). So I am really glad that I was given the chance to enjoy these books. Let's get to it! (I apologize in advance for the formatting being a bit wonky. So I had to resort to putting the larger covers at the bottom of my post.)

Rival Love
(Rival Love #1)

Published: August 26th, 2014

Skylar Fletcher is a proud Harris Academy Bulldog! She has everything she’s ever wanted: a perfect boyfriend, great friends, and her dream college waiting for her in the fall. But nothing lasts forever. Skylar's world shatters when her mom decides it is time to move and drags Skylar, kicking and screaming, into Bobcat territory.

At Delmont High School, home of the Bobcats, Skylar has no friends and is often bullied. To make matters worse, her home life sucks thanks to all-star quarterback Caleb Morgan, nephew of her mom's live-in boyfriend.

At first Skylar and Caleb want nothing to do with one another. But they soon discover they're not that different after all--and each is harboring a secret attraction to the other. But can a Bulldog and a Bobcat ever really be more than friends? And are Skylar and Caleb willing to risk everything to find out? Rival Love is a debut young adult contemporary romance from Natalie Decker.

Rival Love (Rival Love, #1)Rival Love by Natalie Decker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

DISCLAIMER: The author gave me this entire series for my reader's pleasure, but who would I be if I didn't leave a review after loving it? <3 b="">

A very appreciative thanks to the author for writing this fantastic book. I was feeling super bummed today and I couldn't find anything to lift my spirits. This book did that for me. Fact that I have been reading this book all day when I should have been reading something else for tomorrow just proves that I definitely needed to take a break from the more serious books and just enjoy a bit of sweet swoon.

Both Caleb and Skylar are great characters. I love the slow build up and that ending . . . honestly, it was perfect. It left me wanting more, it left me wanting to cry, but I was smiling. Because Caleb. Honestly, characters like Caleb are my infatuation. All tough on the outside, but total sweethearts on the inside. It takes the right girl to bring out those characteristics, and obviously it is Skylar.

<3 b="">Rival Hearts
<3 b="">(Rival Love #2)
<3 b="">Published: December 23rd, 2014
<3 b="">
Caleb is ticked off. Skylar hasn't answered any of his calls, texts, or emails since her move to New York, virtually cutting him out of her life without warning. So Caleb decides to go after her—and convince her to come back home. 

But even when Skylar realizes her heart does belong at home with Caleb, her uncertainty lingers. Is it safe? Have things changed? 

After the mysterious vandalism to the pool at Delmont High, everyone is desperate for answers they believe Skylar can provide. At first, she’s determined not to run. But when Caleb’s ex-girlfriend unleashes a vengeful surprise, Sky's love for Caleb is threatened. 

Are these two rival hearts ready to fight for their love, or will they have to throw in the towel? 

<3 b="">
RIVAL HEARTS is the sequel to the bestselling teen romance novel RIVAL LOVE by Natalie Decker.


Rival Hearts (Rival Love, #2)Rival Hearts by Natalie Decker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

DISCLAIMER: The author gave me this entire series for my reader's pleasure, and of course, I simply have to share my thoughts!

First of all: WTF Danielle?! You queen bee! You . . . you! *snarls* She's a bee! Good riddance, Caleb!

This book just got better. I honestly did not think the author would have pulled something like that from her sleeve, but she did and it worked and totally threw me in front of the bus. Like, seriously. I'm still cleaning my blood off the floor. Sorry to be so graphic, but this is my honest reactions. Almost afraid to read the next book because this one ends on such a heartwarming and reassuring note. But all the same, I need more!

Rival Dreams
(Rival Love #3)
Published: August 31st, 2015

Skylar Fletcher and Caleb Morgan have been together for almost two years. On the surface, everything is great. Skylar is kicking major butt in swimming and has been offered the captain spot. Caleb is the top quarterback in the league. And even though their schedules can be a little hectic at times, they've always seem to make time for one another.

But once Caleb is approached by the NFL, his behavior turns odd. He flakes out on appointments to check out apartments and doesn't call her on the nights when they’re apart. 

Pro football has been Caleb’s dream since forever. But what kind of idiot asks a girl to drop everything so he can follow his dream?

RIVAL DREAMS is the dramatic and heartwarming conclusion to Natalie Decker’s RIVAL LOVE series.


Rival Dreams (Rival Love #3)Rival Dreams by Natalie Decker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

DISCLAIMER: The author gave me this entire series for my reader's pleasure, and now I don't know what to do with myself!

I was dreading this series coming to an end. I admit it. I dreaded the ending of what is now part of me. Not joking around. This morning, after finishing it, I am at a loss for purpose. But that ending was awesome! So perfect. I do have closure, but now all I want to do is go back and read it all over again!

View all my reviews

There you have it. An awesome YA series that is perfection to the most. Read all three books within a few days to a week. I have the three books in Natalie Decker's Scandalous Boys. I do not know if she has more books planned for that series, but if she does I am totally on board. I will be making another post consisting of only those books. I don't know when, but I will. I just need to finish reading Kyle, and then I need to read Bryce. I've already read Graham and I have that review on my blog already, but I will do what I've done for this post and it will all work out.
Thank you so much for INVADING my HAVEN! You INVADERS! *winks* Click the logo to visit my Facebook page!


No comments:

Post a Comment