Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Haddie's Haven: Just a Little "Sweetness" | #YA #NA #Romance #MustRead


By the time this post goes live, I will either be asleep, or have my nose in a good book.

Hello lovelies! It's been what . . . a week? Possibly. I have loads of reviews and other posts that have been going live in the past week or so, and I hope you are all catching glimpses of them, because I think some of you might find something new to read! You know the drill: I will link each books to Goodreads in the titles. And If I have reviews posted on my blog, I will link those as well. Let's get into the books!

First on my list inspired the title of this post. And that is
Sweetness (Bold as Love, book 1) by Lindsay Paige.
Emily wished she was invisible. But after moving to a new town with her dad, a charming boy makes it impossible for her to disappear. Despite her feelings of unworthiness, Emily soon finds herself drawn to the safety of Jake's world. Good looking and the star of the hockey team, Jake has a lot going for him. What most people don't see is the difficult life he has at home. When quiet Emily steals his heart, Jake vows to help her discover she is worthy of love. Just when the two of them realize the sweetness of their relationship, they are put to the test. Only together can they overcome their haunted pasts to fight for a future together.
I had just finished reading two of Lindsay Paige's books (My reviews: Without a Doubt, Bending Under Pressure), and I needed more from her. I do not have a review of this book on my blog yet, but I aim to have one soon.

Next is Under My Skin by Laura Diamond. (My review: HERE)
Bookish Brit Adam Gibson is one wonky heartbeat away from a fatal arrhythmia. But staying alive requires Adam to become keenly focused on both his pulse and the many different daily medications he must take in exactly the right dosages. Adam's torn between wanting to live and knowing that someone else must die in order for him to do so. He needs a new heart. 
The pressure is getting to him. Adam stops talking to his friends back home, refuses to meet kids at his new school, and shuts his parents out entirely. His days are spent wondering if can cope with having a dead man's heart beating inside his chest, or if he should surrender to the thoughts of suicide swirling around in his head. 
And then a donor is found…
Outspoken artist Darby Fox rarely lets anything stand in her way of achieving her goals . Whether it’s painting, ignoring her homework (dyslexia makes a mess out of words anyway), kissing a hot boy she doesn't even know, or taking the head cheerleader down a peg , no one has ever accused Darby of being a shy. She also happens to be the twin sister to a perfect brother with good looks, good grades, manners, and the approval of their parents - something Darby has never had. 
Darby's always had bad timing . She picks the worst time to argue with her brother Daniel. In a car with bald tires, on an icy road in the freezing cold, the unthinkable happens. In a split-second, everything changes forever.

This book gave me heart issues of my own. Don't worry, I'm not dying, although I thought I would because that is how easily swooned I was while reading. Hence Swoon Romance Publishing

Let's take a step out of YA and into NA for a moment. Because the next few books on this list are guaranteed to make you swoon. A LOT.

Feral Touch (Feral Silence, book 3) by Athena Wright.
It's been five years. Is he still the boy I fell in love with, or are the rumors true? After all, everyone knows rock stars don't date nice girls. Rock stars use nice girls. 
His back was to me, tall with long black hair falling over his shoulders. He signed autographs and took selfies. I wanted to shout and get his attention. I didn’t even know his name. 
He turned around. I saw his face up close for the first time. Time stopped. My limbs trembled, going weak. I was seeing a ghost. A ghost of the boy I'd grown up with. The boy I'd fallen in love with. The boy I'd long thought dead. 
Then dark eyes met mine as Ren spoke my name and I fell for him all over again. 
Now he says he wants me in his life. I want to believe him, but five years is a long time. Ren's changed. I've changed. He refuses to speak about the past. He won't tell me why he ran off and disappeared. Is he still the boy I fell in love with? Or are the rumors true?
After all, everyone knows rock stars don't date nice girls.
Rock stars use nice girls.
Feral Touch is a sexy rockstar romance. It is the third novel in the Feral Silence series, but can be read as a standalone with a HEA.
I just posted a review for this book, but who says you can only share a book one time? This book flies off the charts, if I am allowed to say so. I mean, all of these books I mention fly off the chart! Anyways, read this book in the car, which brought on my usual headache (because my head is stupid like that.) But it was so worth the headache because I could not put the book down.

That is all for now. I was going to add more books, but duty calls. Gotta go take care of a nutty kid. I hope you find something you like from this list. I will see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment