Saturday, January 14, 2017

Haddie's Haven: Big and Bad | Mini-Reviews | #Romance #Contemporary #NALit @LindsayPaige11

Hello fellow bookworms!
Firstly, happy new year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Today's post is rather exciting for me, because I have some mini-reviews for ya! All these books I am about to mention are mostly from the same two or three authors. Some of these books I read over the holidays, but didn't get around to writing a post about them. I believe all of these books were RCs (review copies), but I know that I bought some of them after they were released, so I won't bother with saying which are RCs and which are purchased copies. As usual, I will be linking the book titles to GoodReads, so you can add them to your reading lists, should they be your cup of coffee (I would say tea, but as I always say, I am not big on drinking tea). Also, how many of you are doing a reading challenge for 2017? I have decided that I am going to try and read 250 books this year. Number is subject to change, but that is the goal I am giving myself.


2017 Reading Challenge

Hadassah has read 0 books toward her goal of 250 books.
hide

First book I have to share with you is one that I read just the other day. And that is Big Bad Royal by Tia Siren.
I think what I enjoyed best about this book was the fact that the prince is from a country just outside of Russia. I don't know that Kosovia actually exists, because my geography stinks sometimes, but I love everything that involves Russian culture. My mom might call me a bit obsessed. But anyways, I gave this book 5 stars, because HEAs with no cliffhanger? Might kind of book! It might say secret baby on the cover, but that baby really doesn't exist until the last chapter of the book. I think a true secret baby book would entail that the woman in question is pregnant and doesn't tell the baby's father about it, not until much later. That's how I see, but other than that, this was a great, quick read. I read it in a couple hours. It was great!

The following books are all by Franki Love, and I suggest you check this author out. Frankie's books are all HEAs with no cliffhangers, most likely insta-love, and no cheating whatsoever. Also, this author is big with bad boys and mountain men.  This author loves writing in dual perspective and I love that. And first up is Mistletoe Mountain.
This is such a cute, heartwarming, and perfect for a cold winter day. I don't have actual snow here in Puerto Rico, but it definitely was cold enough for this book to warm me up . . . *WINKS* Loved it so much! Characters were fun and though I didn't exactly read it on Christmas, it was a great, fast read for me.
Next is Saint Jude, which is technically the third book in the Lost Angeles Bad Boys series, but it can be read as a stand-alone (like all of Frankie Love's writing, which is very awesome). 


Hot bad boy + cute baby = PERFECTION
I honestly dont have any words to say about this book other than the fact that it involves a hot guy and a cute baby. A smexy relationship and HEA of course, and this is my total go-to kind of story. 

BUCKED was my . . . . fourth read from Frankie Love? I think so. Another mountain man, but this guy wants to live in his cabin and come home to a wife and large family, but he has to watch his good friend have that kind of life. His friend's wife had triplets. Like . . . seriously. And then a girl shows up in his town. Bada-bing, bada-boom. Eight to nine months later, she appears on his doorstep, pregnant with his baby. But then finds out she is actually having twins. But it all works out in his favor, because he goes all in. And watches his babies be born right before his eyes just minutes later.


Okay, let's switch to another author I love, and I have mentioned her many times before. Lindsay Paige, Queen of clean NA contemporary, with amazing characters and I just finished the second installment in her Carolina Rebels series, Because It's You. First book is called Back To Me, and by clicking that title, you can see my review on GoodReads. The Carolina Rebels are a hockey team, and each book is a stand-alone. First book . . . You know what?
Let me put the cover in here too. >>>
First book follows Noah and Meredith. Second book follows Marc Polinski (Marco Polo and Elizabeth. We are actually introduced to Marc's in Back to Me, and Elizabeth is briefly mentioned, but under a different name. And . . . Marc is so perfect. Elizabeth is a strong, but broken, character. Both of them have heart breaking back stories. I loved Marc's character in the first book. He's a total joker, but super genuine and totally wins over your heart. He explains what he looks for in a relationship and . . . he is surreal. When he is in a relationship, he is completely all in. He looks for forever. I know he is a fictional character, but GUYS take some notes if you decide to read this book.

Well, that is all for now. If I continue, I will be here until my birthday month. But I really do have so many books I want to share. So I will make it a point to write more posts such as this. Be on the look out for those. If you have read any of these titles, comment below which one and what you thought. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment