Friday, December 25, 2015

Happy Holidays from Haddie's Haven! - Top 2015 Book Favorites




Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all are having a pleasant holiday. 
I don't really read themed books, but I do read whatever I get my hands on. I thought I would share my top 2015 favorites with you, most of which you have seen here on this blog, and others that I have yet to share with you. So, here goes nothing!

Living Waters series, by Stephanie Landsem
I read The Well closer to the beginning of the fall season and fell in love with the beautifully written plot. I loved reading about the people that had encountered Jesus during His time on earth. I loved the book so much that I set out to get the rest of the series. A couple weeks ago, I received my order and was able to finish reading the series, only to learn that the author may or may not be writing another book! 

The Books of the Infinite series, by R.J. Larson
I posted a short review of the first book, Prophet, in the late summer, and could not get the story out of my head. Upon learning that it was only the first book in the series, I needed to know how it would end, and I wanted the series in print. I managed to get myself the complete series in print, and read the second and third books in a 24 hour period. The way the author wrote the plot to reflect the Bible made me feel so at home in the genre. In a way, it reminds me of The Chronicles of Narnia, only for a more mature audience, because it is more YA then middle grade.

  

 The Acts of Faith series. Let's just say that The Centurion's Wife is what got me hooked on the Christian Historical fiction genre, because it was one of the first books I bought through Amazon (because it was free, as was Prohpet). I did not read the e-book; I wanted to read it in print. So, I bought the series in print, and got a very good deal. The Damascus Way is a hardback cover, as is the The Centurion's Wife. Like the books I mentioned above, they were captivating and I am hooked. I read them all in three days.

 

The Preacher's Bride, I think, has had quite an affect on me, emotionally. Jody Hedlund based this story on the life John Bunyan and his wife Elizabeth. It brings so many Biblical principles to light, most that are instantly forgotten in our days. I own A Noble Groom; technically, it is the second book in the Michigan Brides Collection. It is a stand-alone novel. I feel that maybe I should have bought Unending Devotion first, but I could not resist the cover. Luckily, I will be reading Unending Devotion in the new year, (since that is when the order is estimated to arrive.).

Melanie Dickerson is at the top of my favorite authors list, next to the authors mentioned above. I love the idea of a well-known fairytale retold in a Christian perspective. I have all her books on my wishlist. Mom, sis, if you see this, please get me Melanie Dickerson's other re-tellings, please!
I have read so many books from Entangled's teen and young adult imprint, CRUSH, that I can not get enough of them. I have reviewed them all on this blog, and here are my top favorites.

  
 
Entangled CRUSH is awesome, and I now own two of their books (Finding Perfect, by Kendra C. Highley, is one of them). I highly recommend that you check them out. 

One of the things that I loved the most about Can't Lose You is how so many things threatened to separate the characters in this book, and they were just meant to be. (Also, this book was self-published, which I plan to do next year.)

  
Now, these three books are here because they belong here. The Heartbreak Chronicles is originally a Wattpad fan-fiction, just like Anna Todd's After Series. (Can't want for Ali Novak to publish the next book!) Accidental Butterfly is another one of those books that leaves you on an emotional roller coaster.

So far I have shared some Christian Fantasy, Historical, and YA with you. What about some NA lit?

Imagine falling in love with an ex-military officer, one who was sent home because he was injured. I personally would never want a loved one to suffer that way, but a man in uniform always gets to me.

The title says it all; need I say more? 

 

Okay, I have only read the first book of the Water Crisis Chronicles, and I have yet to read the next book. It says that the second book is closer to NA-Lit than the other book, but Zack's mouth would imply otherwise. Dystopia has taken such a wild turn, but this book was right up my ally.

Before & After was the first NA novel I read. Rike; bad boy look, who works as a tattoo artist, and will stop at nothing to have Peyton fall in love with him all over again. I saw one review of this book that made me wonder what the heck was that person on! This book was fantastic, and they gave it 2.5 stars. I have said it a million times, and I will say it again: I rarely come across a book that I do not like.

  
Now, I know there are many adult readers who like fantasy. Here is a series you will enjoy. The Everealm series by J.D. Wright. I read both of the first books, and I could not get enough. I read each in a few hours. Blood Moon is to come out in January . . . I think, so you can expect me to have a review up for that when it does.

To finish off my top 2015 favorites, the DIMILY? Trilogy. I have only read the first two books and I anticipate the release of the third in the US. These are the US covers, but I love the UK covers as well. Tyler is has become my top book-boyfriend (don't tell Tru, Ben#1, Ben #2, Slade or Rike). Unforgettable. I hope to get these books, in print, in my hands for my growing bookshelf. 



Well, I hope you found this post enjoyable. I hope you find a new book to add to your TBR, and that you have a lovely Christmas filled with love and joy. God bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment