Friday, August 7, 2015

Children of Lightening - Very Honest Review

Children of LightningChildren of Lightning
by Annie K. Wong
Publication date: September 27th 2014
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult

My rating: 3 of 5 stars 



Description: Secrets beget secrets. The curse that befell the Hollows clan has left them incapable of producing male offspring. To extend their bloodline, they have formed a covenant with the serpentine Ophidians, who give them children. In return, the Hollows must keep these monstrous creatures well fed, though the details of the procurement are so abominable that the truth is never revealed to the other clans. In their homeland of Matikki, they live like outcasts.

Through a series of chance discoveries, the secrets of the ancient curse unfold before a warrior named Writhren Hollow. Is her purely female clan the result of a lapse of divine providence, or are the Hollows themselves victims of an enslavement scheme?

If Writhren frees her clan from the covenant, she risks the wrath of the Ophidians and the future of her bloodline. If she keeps the truth of the curse to herself, she is a traitor to her own kind. Either way, she will suffer for what she must do.

This is not a story of redemption, but regret. This is Writhren’s story.



I received an e-ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

Plot/Characters:
The description says it all. I do not feel the need to elaborate on the plot. Writhren was a good character.

My Honest Opinions/Thoughts: This is a very strange book. I must say that I would not have picked this up on my own. I did not really like the beginning with the Ophidians. And I just could not seem to keep reading. I stopped almost mid-way.

Extra: If you are a fan of Percy Jackson and the Olympians, perhaps you might like it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment